Minor Musings

"Le silence éternal des espaces infinis m’effraie" - Pascal

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

One More for the Road

With a nerve wracking audition preparation over, I've been able to focus on more agreeable upcoming events. One possibility is a clarinet and piano recital upstate, part of a birthday celebration for a certain American composer, that would also include a new work commissioned specifically for the evening. The concert is tentatively scheduled for October, which gives me an unusually luxurious amount of lead time to prepare.

A moment of silence, please, for Fubar. I probably shouldn't admit that, although it was a total dive, it was one of my favorite places to have a drink with friends. Since one of my best pals lives in the neighborhood, we spent many a quiet weekday evening (when the concentration of frat boys was far less than on weekends) lounging on the couches in the back room. I've added giant falling cranes to my List of Things to Watch Out For.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home