Minor Musings

"Le silence éternal des espaces infinis m’effraie" - Pascal

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Pastoral Interlude

I'm finally back in NY after a whirlwind tour of several states (I drove through 4 today). After heading upstate on Thursday, I continued my journey the following day with what was supposed to be an uneventful drive to New Hampshire. I had been warned about a detour due to construction in Woodstock, Vermont, so when I saw a detour sign shortly after Killington, I followed it. Unfortunately this was not the correct detour, which I soon realized as I sped on back roads through the thickly wooded countryside, not a signpost nor a Starbucks in sight. My cell phone was stubbornly unresponsive, so I resolved to stop at the next amenable-looking location to ask for directions. Desperately searching the horizon for evidence of civilization, a large barn-type structure came into view. As I slowed down, I read the sign on the side of the building: GUNS.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...!!! Welcome to the rural America!!!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home