May Your Days Be Merry and Bright...
It arrived quite late, and I traveled far to find it, but I'm enjoying a white Christmas.
I need to mention the passing of the composer Daniel Pinkham last week. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person although he was a distant relative of mine. From all accounts he was a wonderfully humorous gentleman and a generous individual. He was best known for his many sacred works and I would like to incorporate some of his music for organ into my Sunday services.

1 Comments:
Mr. Pinkham was a sweetheart. He always told me to call him by his first name rather than "Mr. Pinkham" but it just seemed so disrespectful.
Apparently, there's a story regarding him getting asked to write a piece to accompany Beethoven 9 (which I performed this evening) on a program. His response to the request was "Before or after?" Ha ha...
You're getting your Aryan Chris-tmas in? Back in the North Country?
Alright...Got another performance of a horribly ineffective 9 tomorrow. Whoopee (positively dripping with sarcasm). To bed with me.
Post a Comment
<< Home