Organist on Crack
No, I'm not referring to myself, although my church gig did run 30 minutes longer than usual today, which made me wish I had access to some sort of illegal substance.
Instead, I was off to a sushi and sake party afterwards.
For anyone who hasn't heard this yet, it's essential holiday listening.
Labels: organist on crack

3 Comments:
Oh Christ...you've done it now. I have a Messiah (pronounced difinitively as Meshy-ya in Korea...they don't know what the hell you're talking about if you say Messiah) concert tomorrow nights. It's a real laugh fest as the orchestra is leading the conductor through the piece. There are plenty of pitfalls in that piece if you're doing it a la Orpheus (but we'll have a distraction on the podium to make it harder). I'll see if I can play this for our organist. Giggle giggle...CTB
I remember some friends playing a Messiah in Korean gig a few years ago, I think it was at Carnegie Hall. According to them it was quite entertaining, but I'm sure nothing compares to playing the Messiah in Korea.
Oh dear FSM it was a travesity. A horrific blight upon the earth...We dragged her through the entire piece and she didn't know it. There were hand signals between sections to keep us all in the vicinity of the right place. And it was all filmed for TV! Holy crap...There were cameras swooping in over the stage. {sotto voce} The horror! The horror!
Oh...regarding the organ: We found out that it was tuned to 440 today in the dress rehearsal. Of course, the orchestra has played at 442 for years. Oh dear.
Post a Comment
<< Home