Minor Musings

"Le silence éternal des espaces infinis m’effraie" - Pascal

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Rock Lobster

Due to a recent incident involving a lobster, I’m currently nursing a gruesome gash on the second finger of my left hand. Typing is quite challenging (and painful), so it looks like I'll be taking a short leave from the blogosphere. It appears that I can also forget about playing the piano for at least a week, but luckily this coincides with my prior vacation plans. Note to self: next time, use a nutcracker.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a shame you are endangering both your playing and writing ambitions by
toying with dangerous shellfish. Please be more careful. I wish you a
speedy recovery. The investment in a nutcracker might be a sound choice.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think taking a week (or a month?) off from practicing is, in fact, very healthy and you definately deserve it. The balance between mental and physical part of playing is absolutely essential and taking time off from the everyday life has always nice effect;) Have a wonderful time in that beautiful city and take care of your finger! (did you get through the 'gig' all right the other day???) Bon voyage!!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Oh dear god what I wouldn't do for a week/month off from the instrument. Of course, the guilt alone would kill me. Falling behind on rapidly approaching committments would sink me. Let me know how it feels Carol...in vivid detail. Speak slowly...

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home